Saturday, February 4, 2012

Alshon Jeffery



College stats
Rivals

Jeffery comes in #1 at the WR position for the upcoming draft class. I realize the consensus is Justin Blackmon and I dont dispute that opinion, but Jeffery does things, quite frankly, Blackmon Can't . Alshon is 6'4" 220 while also showing great hands,  above average ball skills and great run after the catch ability. He is clearly a better prospect than Blackmon... on the field.  Where Blackmon gets the edge in most peoples eyes is off the field. People think Jeffery is lazy, simple as that.

I suppose there is some validity to that argument considering:

- he came into camp this year overweight
- had a less than stellar senior year.

I get it, I get the concern, But I dont think you can just overlook a prospect like this just because of a few extra lbs his senior year and a QB-less senior year. I say give him a mulligan this year, see how he does at the combine and go from there. I think if he comes to the combine in shape and runs a 4.55 or lower, he should be a top 15 pick. He has a bit of a cloud over him right now, but I'm not sure its a fair assessment.




No comments:

Post a Comment