Sunday, February 19, 2012

Long Lost Love


Long lost love, an ancient thought
Reminding me of how hard I fought
The lessons learned were more than taut 
Constant battles of heart and thought

To think I have drifted this far away
Sitting here thinking of what I gave away
I may as well be lost at sea
This is what it feels to me 
Lost in the water, lost in the wave
Living in an assumed dark cave

Passing light and signs of day
Were sometimes ignored for pure dismay
That light has come and this journey has ended
Passing through, my hearts commended
To find the end, to find the cove 
For which is right I'm sure to know

As I think, it becomes clearer and clearer
I must say goodbye to this pure mirror
This image of love that I have painted
Not surely true and fairly tainted
One last thought, as I pull through
What does all this mean to you

Its sad, its sad, to think of an answer
 Has all this love been wasted forever
My heart was set, it truly knew
The love that quietly burned for you
As sad as it sounds
As sad as it may seem
My love for you will always be

The light now shines, I must be going
The lessons learned, the wisdom outgoing
Out of my cave and on and growing
Past this rough tide to a future thats glowing

No comments:

Post a Comment